Western Star 4900FA ver 1.3 1.36 ATS
CHANGES VER 1.3:
Adds Beacons to Flattop Cab
Moves the Fifth Wheel forward on the Long and 8×4 Chassis to fix the severe understeer with heavy/oversize loads
Axle weight adjustments on the Long and 8×4 Chassis
Fuel Tank size corrections for all chassis
Addition of correct Air Tank and DEF Tank values for all chassis
Texture change on A-Pillars to eliminate Skin/UV issues in interior views
There are several big chassis updates in Version 1.3 You *MAY* have to sell/re-buy your truck!
I’m still in the process of remodeling the original interiors and updating their textures and animations. This is proving to be a massive project for me and not knowing if I will ever finish that and in an effort to get this patch out sooner rather than later, I’ve adapted a “place-holder” interior.
I’ve kitbashed together various pieces and parts to create a realistic interior view of a Western Star cabin. Thanks to Kishadowalker, I was able to use the interior and animations from an old version of his Western Star 4800SB for the base and rebuild it using textures and components from the original 4900FA interior so I could to get the look/feel right.
This does mean there is only ONE interior cabin model even though there are 3 different external cabin models. To keep the illusion of multiple cabin interiors, I kept the original external views that were created by Sib3rius for the interior so when you look at your 4900FA from the outside, it will have the normal cabin that coincides with the chosen sleeper configuration. However, the interior view will reflect that of a 54″ Mid Roof cab regardless of what cabin you select.
KNOWN BUGS & ISSUES:
1. External windshield wipers aren’t animated
– The external wipers are just “decoration” on the original model too and getting them to work was more troublesome than it was worth.
2. The WPASS is texture only
– Apparently I can edit animations fine, but creating new ones is where Blender and I disagree. I’ve spent hours on this and still can’t get the red/green light animation right.
3. There are 2 “too many vertices” errors in the log with this truck. They do not effect gameplay or FPS in any way and they don’t spam the log.
– They’re caused by the original UV mapping that I didn’t change so other mods and paint jobs would (should) still work.
4. The trailer cables clip through the headache rack on the 82″ Stratosphere Cab
– Yup, they sure do. That was a design decision on my part as even on the Long/Tag Chassis, I was running out of room back there. In any case, I’ve set it up so it looks like the cables are fed through the rack (just
like my neighbors VNL actually). Eventually, I may replace the “pogo stick” with an “airline box” for that particular situation in the future.