Reefer / refrigerated trailer sound addon for 1.41 [SCS trailers only] ATS
New in this version: Only update was for the mod description to reflect the new change in Sound Fixes Pack v21.57, previous 1.41 reefer trailer sound addons may be forwards compatible.
This mod activates reefer trailer sounds from the Sound Fixes Pack for the vanilla game trailers in American Truck Simulator.
NOTE that trailer sounds like this are not a standard feature in the game, hence this addon will come with quirks.
The reefer engine will play after coupling the trailer.
You can also perceive the hum of it inside the truck.
Tested only for 1.41 game version.
Requires Sound Fixes Pack (version 21.57 or higher) enabled for this to work.
Not guaranteed to work with mods replacing vanilla SCS trailers and other wind noise mods.
Important quirks to note!
– This relies on the wind sound to “carry” the reefer sound once you drive, so other wind noise mods won’t be compatible.
– “Noise of the flowing air” must be activated in the Audio settings.
– Due to the way the wind sounds are optimized in game, it cannot sustain the reefer sound at 0 km/h for long.
– The reefer sounds should kick back in once you set off, however.
– The Trailer Noise slider controls the sound volume of the reefer startup noise and sound loop of a new cycle.
– The Truck Noise slider controls the sound volume of the reefer sound loop when driving.
– It is recommended to have both sliders at the same volume (50%) for consistency.
– The sound event will stop shortly after decoupling. You can always reconnect the trailer to reactivate the cycle.
– If you want to take a break and keep the reefer idling, such as when you’re at a truck stop:
Simply disconnect and reconnect the trailer to reactivate the cycle.
This will allow you to hear the reefer when you are idle or parked. It can be a relaxing white noise this way.
Regarding what the refrigerated trailer sound can be confirmed to work with:
– Freight Market: Confirmed to work.
– External Contracts: Confirmed to work.
– Quick Jobs: Can work, but you need to disconnect and reconnect the trailer to start the cycle.
– Ownable Trailers: Not applicable.